Thursday, July 31, 2014

First Try With Google Domains

So I got an invite to use Google Domains, which is Google's new domain registrar service.  I have to say that I'm impressed with how smooth and easy the transaction was.  I realize that it probably sounds biased coming from me, but you may want to check it out for yourself.

The search mechanism was quick and pretty straightforward -- you enter in the site name you want, and it checks the availability...very similar to other registrars.  It makes other suggestions of available names too, nothing shocking there.  I liked some .us domains, but found that you can't register them anonymously, so I went with another that seemed ok -- glennwilson.info.

However, the benefit comes from checking out.  It was smooth to just say "yep, that's it, I'm done" and put in contact/credit card info, and *poof* done.  None of the sneaky upsells or additional charges you normally see with registrars.

Then switching my blog from the standard *.blogspot.com domain over to my new domain was pretty easy too -- I just went to the blog settings, added my new domain under "Blog Address", and then went to my domain account and set up a new CNAME record.  This part was kind of awkward and I had to dig for it in the blogger documentation, and stumbled through creating an arcane DNS thingy, but it didn't take more than a few minutes to do.

Next, I might try to get an app engine instance running on the new domain to see how that works.  In the meantime, kudos to the Google Domains team for a nice product so far.

1 comment:

  1. dongtam
    game mu
    http://nhatroso.net/
    http://nhatroso.com/
    nhac san cuc manh
    tư vấn luật qua điện thoại
    dịch vụ thành lập công ty trọn gói
    văn phòng luật
    tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
    thành lập công ty
    http://we-cooking.com/
    chém gió
    trung tâm ngoại ngữphi hành, chúng ta cũng đi bộ đi qua đi, nói cách khác, cái loại nầy uy áp, sẽ càng ngày càng mạnh." Ly Quắc cười cười, sau đó liền dẫn đầu đối với mặt đất rơi đi, đám người phía sau Tiêu Viêm cũng là nhanh chóng đuổi kịp.

    Một đoàn người sau khi hạ xuống, tốc độ không chút nào giảm, hóa thành từng đạo thân ảnh mơ hồ, như gió bay điện chớp đối với này tòa cổ xưa thành thị lao đi.

    Tại cổng vào Lâm thành, đám người Tiêu Viêm thân hình cũng là từ từ dừng lại mà xuống, Lâm thành thực sự không phải là có thể tùy ý tiến vào thành thị.

    Nếu không phải là thực lực đạt tới Đấu Thánh cường giả trở lên mới có tư cách vào Lâm thành, cho nên nói tư nhân thấp đến Đấu Thánh đấu khí tu luyện giả. Giống như bình thường là cấm đi vào, bất quá tuy nói tiến vào thành thị thủ tục có chút rườm rà, nhưng trở ngại Đấu vực tứ đại gia tộc cái kia giống như thái thượng hoàng khủng bố thế lực.

    ReplyDelete