Sunday, November 27, 2016

Back From Hiatus

I'm back!  It's been a while since I've been writing -- probably over a year since I've written consistently, in fact.  But I have good excuses: I moved back to Silicon Valley, had another kid, changed jobs...you know, just some small stuff.

After having discovered a ton of interesting content via Medium.com, it's clear I've been mired a bit too much in my current work and wrapped up with child-wrangling (and, admittedly, too many video games) to write or read as much as is needed to keep learning.  My brain feels sluggish and distracted by the typical daily grind, and I have more value to add for someone somewhere.

I am renewing my commitment to write daily if possible, and by proxy, read enough to write something of interest.  Hopefully challenging myself to do this will clear the underbrush of routine and keep me out of the trap of defaulting back to working through work email every night.

Just reading words is pretty boring most of the time, so I will conclude with this shot I took from Rancho San Antonio, overlooking Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, and a sliver of the bay.  That white spec on the left-middle is the Shoreline Amphitheater, to give you a sense of distance.

Silicon Valley, looking northeast

No comments:

Post a Comment