Friday, February 28, 2014

14.1 In the books

So I didn't do as well with 14.1 as I thought I would, but I did ok -- 215 reps (a little over 4 1/2 rounds).  I was hoping to get more, but my shoulders tired much faster than I thought.  Things I found in doing the workout:

- the shoulders burned out faster than I thought
- I was able to keep the double unders unbroken for the last two rounds (I evidently did better on the later rounds than the earlier ones)
- I had to break up the snatches into fives and then into threes.  By the end, I was just trying to get through as many as I could one-by-one

It's a tougher workout than I gave it credit, and it's easy to redline fast -- and I got less than half of the really elite athletes!  I was able to push through and tie a competitor in the class, so I was happy to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment