Friday, March 7, 2014

Humbled Again

So I did 14.2 this morning, and was humbled once again:  I was only able to get 81 reps, which is far short of what I thought I would be able to get.  I didn't even get to the third round.  My right hand ripped while doing the pullups, which may be part of the reason I did not do well.

Not only that, but Jason -- a close competitor -- was able to beat me by 2 reps at 83 (he ripped too, much worse than I did).  So overall it was a pretty crappy day overall.  I want to retest, but my hand is ripped, so I'm debating if I can get some palm protectors and redo it in a day or two.

The overhead squats aren't an issue at all -- I was able to do them all unbroken.  It's definitely the pull-ups that burn you out, especially if doing regular kipping instead of butterfly kipping.  I'm tempted to re-do and pace myself slower and break up the pull-ups into smaller groups.  I really need to work on my butterfly pullups.

Argh.  The open has been far more frustrating than rewarding.  I'm understanding more and more why people don't sign up for it....maybe I need to lower my expectations for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment