Sunday, March 9, 2014

PVC

I rounded out my gear buying weekend with a PVC pipe for home use.  After checking out both the the 3/4" pipe and 1" pipe, I decided to go with the one inch.  It's much thicker than the way a 'normal' barbell feels, and I can't really hook grip it easily, but the 3/4" inch pipe felt flimsy, almost like it would break.

The amazing thing was how cheap it was: it cost less than $5 for the pipe, but it's something I could literally use every day to improve my mobility and practice form at home.

I have super tight shoulders, which limits my overhead mobility, so I'm thinking if I practice 100+ shoulder pass-throughs every day, I could eventually improve my mobility enough to improve on some of these movements.  I think I may end up doing that as my next 30 day "trial".

Also, over the weekend, I got to taste some Habanero Sculpin IPA, which kind of blew my mind.  It packed some powerful heat, which coupled with a kick of an IPA, made it a challenge.  Interestingly, the spice was manageable, but drinking it sans food was not the best idea.  But it was a fascinating beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment